I’m writing this because *I* need it. Maybe it’s the rainy weather, or the mid-period emotions, or that Chris was down all day and I “caught it”, or that I really need either some me time or date time or fun, but I’m really blue right now. Slept through church, which bummed me out, I needed that energy, and then shopped ALONE, which is such a cause of depression, because we’re off phenols and substitute milks and that makes shopping almost impossible, seriously $94 on nothing, it feels like.
Later, because my MIL is here, she watches stupid America’s Funniest Home Video, and a girl around 8 or so comes on the screen, squealing about something apparently hilarious, and I’m dealing with piles of toys from that OCD thing kids with autism do, and can’t understand Amelia, and that put me over the edge. Damn near had tears for half the day about the kids’ disabilities and what they can’t do. So here is what I have to be thankful for, I pray it helps:
- Zoe and Amelia had great teacher conferences. Zoe’s progress was tracked in colored pencil, contrasting her skills in September vs. now. What a difference! She had ZERO mimicking skills back then, and now bar when more than halfway up the page – yay! Amelia is on her age-appropriate sight words and excels in science…she really knows her stuff with animals and loves working with them. All around, more good than bad.
- I’m so excited about this cooking event tomorrow – my first real blogger event! I’ve shopped, primped, and cleared my day.
- Life is pretty good. Nothing is broken, and I got my first real check from a brand I love, how exciting!
- I’m so psyched for the two conferences I’ve got coming up, and maybe I’ll add a day onto BlogHer, if I can, and go to the Mom Central party. I’m very excited about that!
- My health is really well. In fact, I was suffering dizzy spells from calcium floating in my ear, but it seems to be all done. Yay!
- We did Zoe’s labs on Wednesday – a challenge, but we made it through! We still have more labs and have to figure out how to collect urine from the kids, but for now this is a good start.
- No phenols means really healthy cooking! I mean, I’m down to the basics, so in a way it’s easy.
- We’ve FINALLY ordered organic meat from Meadowbrook Farms. It arrives early on Tuesday, I’m very excited! This is a big step for us in nutrition.
There are more things going on, but this is a start. I feel a little better now. God has been so good to us, and honestly, I’m floored, because time and again, I show Him I’m not worthy of a darn thing. He still keeps showing up, over and over, even when I’m pettty and small, and I’m still speechless each time He does.
How do you pull out of a funk when you’re in one, for real things? I could use your advice