I was contacted recently by Angell Organic Candy Bars, who wanted to know if I’d like to receive some candy in exchange for a review. I LOVE chocolate, so I jumped on this one. And the bars? Well, they were heavenly.
They have a variety of three:
- Snow Angell: I’m not the biggest fan of white chocolate, but oh MAN, I loved this bar! It was like a Mounds, only made by an angel, lol! White chocolate covered coconut with a hint of cinnamon. I ate it first, thinking it would be my least favorite, but I was pleasantly surprised.
- Angell Crisp: This was the milk chocolate version, also very good with a nice crunch. This particular bar is also gluten-free, but note that it is not dairy free. Very good stuff.
- Dark Angell: Um, obviously my favorite. Dark chocolate with almond. I was sick and on a 90 minute conference call while I savored this delicious treat.
What you should know:
- These products are all organic, Fair Trade certified. (Neat!) I also love their motto: “Eat no evil”. Amen to that.
- They are candy, made with sugar, fat, chocolate. So eat them as you would regular candy, in moderation!
- No trans fat and no high fructose syrup either, which makes ME sleep good at night!
- You can search to see if they sell them in your area, or check your local health food stores, or buy on Amazon and Vegan Essentials.
So if you love candy and you love the Earth, check out these bars… they are worth it!
And note to self: Next time, share it the hubby. He doesn’t do coconut or dark chocolate but stormed out when I said I ate the last bite of milk chocolate this afternoon. Ouch!
Post sponsored in exchange for candy from Angell Organic Candy.